SIMPLE HEALTHY CHOICES ON THE GO! Some people get intimidated by the prospect of having to prepare healthy food to eat. Even if you don’t have the time to make elaborate meals, you can still eat clean and feel amazing.
Here are my top tips for a “no-sweat” healthy eating lifestyle:
- Don’t get overwhelmed by recipes. It’s okay to deviate from the plan, as long as you are eating food in its most natural state as whole foods.
- All you need for a healthy meal is a healthy protein, vegetables, and a healthy fat. This can be as simple as half an avocado and some grilled chicken on a bed of greens.
- Adding salsa, hot sauce, wheat-free tamari, tahini, garlic, or other healthy condiments can make any food taste fabulous.
- Explore the take-out options at local restaurants and health food stores, or even clean food delivery services if they’re available in your area.
- Take a look at the ready-made protein options offered at your local supermarket, and have some on hand in the fridge.
- Make large batches of food and freeze.
- Chop veggies and salad greens to have ready to go in the refrigerator. Keep your favorite dressing from the recipes in a Mason jar in the fridge, or toss together a simple dressing of olive oil, lemon, and raw apple cider vinegar.
- Have healthy snacks on hand so the vending machine doesn’t tempt you. Prepare little bags of pumpkin seeds with shredded coconut or have a green apple with you. (See the list below for more snack ideas.)
- Prepare natural Gatorade by adding 6 tablespoons of Himalayan sea salt and 2 tablespoons of raw honey to a gallon of water. Carry your bottle of water around with you to remind yourself to hydrate. Add fresh fruit to flavor. Or drink coconut water for electrolytes.
- Prepare your breakfast smoothie the night before. Store it in a BPA-free container or Mason jar overnight.
- If you want to juice, but it feels like too much, then simply buy a juice at your local health food store